Bahrain’s health ministry has launched in an investigation after a dead rat was found in a can of Mirinda, according to a report by the Gulf Daily News (GDN) website.
An Indian expat worker found the dead newborn rodent in his can of Mirinda citrus soft drink and rushed to hospital fearing he might have been poisoned.
A video of the incident shared online has gone viral, according to the GDN report.
“The food inspectors have been notified and they have launched an investigation,” a Health Ministry spokeswoman was quoted as saying.
Representatives from the company which bottles Mirinda citrus drinks in Bahrain told GDN it was “too early to comment”.
Mirinda is a soft drink brand owned by PepsiCo. Arabian Business has contacted PepsiCo for comment.